Purchase a Christmas jar or canister, or decorate one of your own.
On 2″x4″ strips of paper, write questions that pertain to Christmas. Fold the strips and place them in the jar.
During dinner each night in December, have a different family member pull a question from the jar. Then go around the table, taking turns giving answers.
- Describe the sounds that might have been heard in the stable on Christmas night.
- Who do you think took care of the sheep when the shepherds ran off to see baby Jesus?
- Describe a Christmas tree to a blind person.
- What do you think the wise men wore when they visited Jesus?
- What smells do you imagine were in the stable?
- What do you think the animals were thinking when Jesus was born?
- What is your favorite Christmas present ever?
- What Christmas tradition means the most to you?
- How much light does it take to drive out darkness?
- What are some amazing facts about the Christmas story?
- What is your favorite Christmas carol?
- What is your favorite Christmas smell?
- What is your favorite Christmas food?
- What is your favorite Christmas memory?
- Describe how the sky looked when the angels appeared to the shepherds.
- Which person in the Christmas story would you like to have been?
by Sharon Jaynes
- Publisher: Moody Publishers (August 1, 2001)
- ISBN-10: 0802416993 ISBN-13: 978-0802416995