Chocolate Mug Cake
– submitted by Michelle, MOPS graduate (MPL)
1 Coffee Mug (or 1 cup pyrex jug)
4 tablespoons flour (that’s plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 2.5-3 minutes on high.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don’t be alarmed!
Allow to cool a couple of minutes, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 4 if you want to share!)
And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
My G10 made this – yum! Her first chocolate cake she’s baked. Both the chn got excited about it. Took some pics.
This cake is just the ticket for making when unexpected visitors turn up!!
– only one weblink today, but this one may be enough to keep you occupied for 2 minutes … 54 one-liners to tell your friends.
My favourite : I feel like I’m diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
V8s are coming our way in a couple of days,
Blessings on your going to sleep and on your getting up,
Who said that ‘thoughtful’ can’t be tongue-in-cheek?
April Fool’s light hearted approach to homeschooling
Here’s the Headers:
Top 10 Tips for April 1st
10. How To Make Your House Clean Itself
9. P.E. Can Work Out for You
8. Hands-on History
7. Lazy Science
6. 999 Ways To Teach the Multiplication Tables
5. Free Math Manipulatives
4. Short Cut To Reading
3. How To Plan a Field Trip
2. Easy Home Schooling
1. How To Be the Perfect Home Schooler
1. At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
2. Page yourself over the intercom. Don’t disguise your voice.
3. Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.
4. Put your garbage can on your desk and label it “in”.
5. Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.
6. In the memo field of all your checks, write “for smuggling diamonds”.
7. Finish all your sentences with “in accordance with the prophecy”.
8. Don t use any punctuation
9. As often as possible, skip rather than walk.
10. Order a diet water with a serious face whenever you go out to eat.
11. Specify that your drive-through order is “to go”.
12. Sing along at the opera.
13. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don’t rhyme.
14. Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.
15. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can’t attend their party because you’re not in the mood.
16. Have your co-workers address you by your wrestling name, Rock Bottom.
17. When the money comes out the ATM, scream “I won!, I won!”
18. When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling “Run for your lives, they’re loose!!”
19. Tell your children over dinner: “Due to the economy, we are going to have to let one of you go”.
– swiped off the internet.
and only one person in five years has mentioned there are only 19! 🙂