Create a Sense of Serenity
There’s enough chaos in the world, but you can instead create serenity in your personal world. Here are 7 easy ideas:
1. Get rid of one thing. If the prospect of ridding your entire house of clutter seems to be am impossible feat, make it your goal to get rid of just one thing you don’t need each day.
2. Clear the clutter out of your vehicle. Get rid of candy wrappers, soda cans, old papers, magazines and other trash on a daily basis.
3. Eliminate the chaos from your desk. The surface of your desk should be free of all papers and other debris to set the stage for productivity and creative thinking.
4. Wake up earlier. Stop rushing around each day. Wake up earlier so you have enough time to relax with a cup of coffee, to step outside and breathe in the fresh air or to read a chapter in your favorite inspirational book.
5. Dedicate 30 minutes to You. Schedule no less than 30 minutes each day to do something you love. Keep that appointment, just as you would any other important one.
6. Make your bedroom a restful haven. Every morning, make your bed right after you get up. Remove the piles of paper. Clear off the dresser tops. Put any dirty clothes in the laundry room. Remove the dusty stuff stored under the bed and get rid of anything you no longer need. When you’re ready to go to bed at night, you should be able to do so in a peaceful, uncluttered place.
7. Sprinkle in some rewards. Many people agonise just trying to get through their To Do lists. To make your day more fulfilling, while still getting things done, sprinkle rewards throughout your day. For example, take 10 minutes to do something you enjoy after every single task you complete.
http://www.getorganizednow.com/ – August 2006
I hope you noticed that I tagged this “future” – one day this may be the reality in my home! It’s good to remind myself.
Are there any homeschoolers who are immaculate cleanies??