Home Educators Yearbook
Before the year ends, here’s one way to have a record of your Homeschool year :
- Buy a small-medium photo album
- Check there are plain cards slightly smaller than the sleeve in each sleeve. This keeps pages firm, esp if no photos.
- Grab a camera and do some catch-up photo-taking. Capture people and places on film or disk.
- Front-Title page – express yourself creatively. Name – Year – Title
DOUBLE PAGES (may need more than one pair)
- “Class” pictures – gather up photos of friends and family you see a lot of throughout the year.
- Clubs + Classes – list or photos of who you do your co-op lessons with, go cycling, play music or sport …with. Reduce certificates to fit.
- Pictures, sketches, or list of special ‘field trips’ and outings eg. Ball, Zoo, Swimsafe …
- Favourites – colours, places, music, quotes, sayings, … for yourself and your friends.
- Academics – big learnings for the year, projects, lapbooks, countries studied … Reduce pages to fit. The size of your photo album will determine if you have a page for each month.
Those with scrapbooking tendencies could frilly it up. You could buy several albums at a time – a different colour for each child? Each year? Make it your own.
And enjoy the memories you’ve been creating all year.
– Johanna W, 2007